our music school
Effective music study is not just a matter of having a qualified teacher, but also includes an environment that is favorable to learning and music lessons specifically. Lessons in the student or teacher’s home are prone to many distractions and can interrupt the flow of the lesson and student concentration. In a school setting, students are focused solely on the music lesson itself. Being part of a musical community is also highly motivating!
Students in a music school, such as Charlotte Academy of Music, have opportunities to participate in ensembles, master classes and many performances. In short, students who study at a music school receive a more well-rounded music education experience.
- Credentialed, positive and effective instructors
- Comprehensive website including online registration as well as instructor bios, pictures, recommendations and performance sound clips
- Casual performance opportunities at the “Blue Note Lounge” in the onsite performance space which is unique to the Academy
- Formal recital opportunities
- State-of-the-Art Music Theory Lab with a 10 level curriculum designed to measure student progress
- Ensemble opportunities including Charlotte Glee Club, Charlotte Jr. Glee Club and Charlotte Academy Children’s Choir
- Instruction available from age 3 through adult
- Fully staged, fully licensed annual musical theatre production
- Discounts for multiple lesson enrollment
- Piano, Voice, Musical Theatre and Art Summer Camps
- Private Lessons in Piano, Voice, Guitar, Strings, Woodwinds, Brass and Percussion Instruments.
- Professional front desk staff to assist you
- Ability to schedule lessons for two or more family members at the same time, avoiding hours of waiting and driving to different studios
- NFMC Festival, NATS Auditions, NCMTA Auditions, Charlotte Piano Teachers Forum Auditons, National Piano Guild Auditions
- “Preludes” preparatory music class unique to the Academy and specifically designed for students ages 3-5
- Conveniently located directly off 485 near shopping and restaurants. Serving Matthews, Mint Hill, Indian Trail, Monroe, Stallings, University, Ballantyne, Pineville and the Charlotte Metro area.
- Special opportunities such as the Guest Composer Program, Student Appreciation Day, Incentive Program as well as student community service opportunities
- Frequent newsletters, facebook and twitter postings and a youtube channel to keep you informed of Academy news
- Friendly, upbeat, professional learning atmosphere